So, it was getting to the point where enough was enough. All day spent making random purees for my little one and actually he was more interested in the croutons from my soup, my apple core or, well, anything I was eating really.
I decided baby led weaning was for us and haven’t really looked back! Since going on maternity leave I have found motherhood a real rollercoaster or emotions. Highs, lows, you get the drift. But weaning has to be my favourite bit so far. So much so that here I am! Sharing my recipes, my favourite sites and accounts and possibly an anecdote along the way. Exciting stuff.
Here is my first ever blw creation. A new take on porridge fingers that take about 4 minutes total. Lemon and blueberry porridge bites.
- Defrost a handful of frozen blueberries
- Add these to approx 2/3 cup of oats
- Cover with milk and stir (full fat milk is preferable for children who eat dairy, these can be made dairy free though with alpro) the consistency should be wet and lumpy.
- Add a squeeze of lemon juice, zest if you like and a tsp of maple syrup if desired.
- Microwave on full power for 2-3 mins until your porridge bites are solid, but squidgy.
- Leave to cool and serve. Can be kept for a couple of days in the fridge.
Baby enjoys these and they are an easy breakfast when you have a million things going on!
Let me know if your little one likes them.